Tauranga Swim School is located in the beautiful Bay of Plenty, locally owned and operated by Andrea Sinden.
Andrea - Passionate about swimming
As a swimmer herself, and with many years of experience in teaching children, adults and those with disabilities, Andrea is passionate about swimming. She loves to have fun and celebrates with people the small successes on their journey to achieve great success. Andrea leads the Tauranga Swim School team with motivation and drive, encouraging excellence from all her staff.
As we live in this beautiful country surrounded by water, Andrea believes that swimming is a life skill that everyone must have. Learning to swim will teach you a respect and love for water. It will improve your physical development, coordination, and aids in the progression of building self confidence and increases social skills. You will also enjoy greater health and fitness.
We bear witness to the fact that children who participate in swimming lessons from an early age, reach significant developmental milestones earlier than those non-swimming children.
Swimming opens up opportunities for those who participate. Students may progress from our swim school to become Olympic athletes, swimming teachers and lifeguards, or just having fun enjoying water-based activities.
The Tauranga Swim School Team
“Team work is the ability to work together toward a common vision. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.”
- Andrew Carnegie
Tauranga Swim School is committed to delivering a high quality Learn to swim and water safety program, offering all people the opportunity to learn to swim and gain water safety skills and confidence in, and around water.
Our objective is to be the recognized performance leader in teaching learn to swim and provide affordable water safety programs in the Bay of Plenty that are second to none. Be committed to and passionate about helping, supporting and inspiring individuals to reach their full potential. To deliver excellence in every aspect of our Swim School and far exceed our commitments to the many families we serve.
Tauranga Swim School will work hard to implement essential initiatives to achieve our vision.
Tauranga Swim School Aims
- Create a friendly, safe, caring environment in which to learn to swim.
- Offer large group, small group, and individual lessons that are affordable for all.
- Cater for children from 6 months old through to adults and disability.
- Develop stroke technique on all four strokes.
- Teach water safety skills.
- Have an interactive teaching approach that is enjoyable, educational, and a fun experience.
- Be efficient and effective in our approach to customer service, finding the very best solution at all times.
- Have fun and celebrate small successes on our journey to achieve great success.
Stroke technique is more important than the ability to swim long distances.
- Integrity: We act with honesty and integrity, not compromising the truth.
- Respect: We treat our team members and customers with mutual respect and sensitivity, recognising the importance of diversity and valuing contributions.
- Teamwork: Our team is supportive of each other’s efforts, loyal to one another, and care for each other both personally, and professionally.
- Passionate: We show pride, enthusiasm and dedication in everything that we do. We are committed to delivering high quality learn to swim and water safety programs.
- Excellence: To be the recognised performance leader, in teaching learn to swim and water safety programs in the Bay of Plenty.
- Motivation: To celebrate successes, recognising and rewarding the achievements of individuals and teams we are involved with.
- Empowerment: To empower our students to take the initiative, and to reach and extend their potential.
- Accountability: We accept responsibility for our actions. We make and support business decisions through experience and good judgment.
- Customer Service Excellence: We are dedicated to satisfying customer needs and honoring commitments that we have made to them.
- Persistence: We will continue to grow and develop with unfailing endurance.
Tauranga Swim School embraces each individuals needs, providing a relaxed and enjoyable environment in which to learn.
Leadership, Inspiration, and Positive learning
Tauranga Swim School has the ability to lead, the creativity to inspire and the will to foster positive learning experiences.